[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Code Documentation Proposal

Jeffrey Bond jbond.evergreen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:49:31 EDT 2012

Greetings Evergreen Devs,

Catalyst is currently seeking to provide in line documentation for perl
modules on the Evergreen project. The goal of this effort is to provide new
developers and contributors a better glimpse into the code. It will also
clear up misunderstandings about code that may, or may not be deprecated
from use. Documentation for the code will include sub routine comments
formatted in ASCIIdocs format, and completing all OpenSRF API calls with
proper information.

Details for the proposal can be found
here<http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:proposal:perl_module_documentation>
.

We wrote up this proposal assuming the perl modules we've committed to
match the desires of the community. Please give us your input on what type
of documentation should be added or taken away. Also we would like your
input on what modules should be documented. We picked what we felt would be
the best choice, but would rather comment on what would help the community
the most.

Thank you