[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need feedback for moving and updating "holds" documentation to EG 2.4 docs

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Mon Apr 8 14:09:10 EDT 2013

Hello,

I am working on moving EG 1.6 documentation that is missing form EG
2.4 documentation. I noticed that there is no basic documentation on
holds in 2.4 and wanted to move some holds documentation from the EG
2.1 docs...

http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.1/html/Holds.html
[EG 2.1] Chapter 4. Circulation: holds

* Placing Holds
* Managing Holds
* Pulling & Capturing Holds
* Holds Notification Methods
* Clearing Shelf-Expired Holds

This might be easier said than done since this section covers features
that are no found in TPAC, but were found in JSPAC. For example, this
ssection mentions meta-records, which I know I should skip for TPAC
(at this point), and it also metions copy level, volume level holds.
My uneducated understanding is that TPAC might only support title
holds? I think there are more options when using the EG client to
place holds, but I need confirmation.

I appreciate any basic feedback that the community can give me to keep
chipping away at this project.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil