[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Welcome to the "Open-ils-dev" mailing list (Digest mode)

Abhimanyu Garg abhim.garg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:08:32 EDT 2013

Team Evergreen,

Hi all,

I am a 3rd year B.Tech student at DA-IICT, Gandhinagar(India). I want to
take part in GSOC-2013 and I was browsing through the project ideas of your
organisation and i found 2 projects that are of my interest:
1. Modernize Evergreen's Web interface.
2. Mobilizing the catalog.

I have a very good experience in android application development. I have
developed a couple of good android apps and I am learning to make web-based
mobile apps. Also I have developed 2 fully functional websites for my
academic projects using HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, MySQL....... I have
used tools like Bootstrap, Dreamweaver for the development purposes.

I am very much interested in developing a modern and improved website for
evergreen. Please guide me to how to get started. Can I use tools like
Bootstrap instead of Dojo Toolkit for the development purposes?? The thing
is that I have been using Bootstrap for quite sometime. Will it be ok if I
develop few webpages just to get started??

Please reply back. Hoping to hear from you.

Regards,
Abhimanyu Garg.