[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Firefox Remote XUL and future of StaffClient.

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Thu Aug 29 12:08:49 EDT 2013

On 08/29/2013 11:19 AM, Job Diógenes Ribeiro Borges wrote:
> May Be, we could subscribe to GOC?

We are participants in GSOC (Google Summer of Code). We have 1 student
this year. We wanted to improve our mentoring and focus on 1 student.

Also, the student's interests don't always align with the needs of the
community.

> Spread to all community a call for help,  to people to join in the effort?

We've talked it to death. It's time for someone to do something, IMHO.

> Yes, Would be very nice if we could get a Sponsors,
> but we don't have at the moment.
> I any way, we could starting creating a group to  discuss Framework, Goals,
> Design, model of development, etc.
> After defined the what technologies to use, with
> a modular/plugin approach, anyone that have the willing to do a module,
> could start and do.

Yep. I suggest to anyone who wants to do it that they start a Google Doc
to work out their design ideas. They can share that with the rest of us
who can comment or possibly edit. That at least gives everyone
interested something to talk about. It is better than just the vague
ideas we've been knocking around for 2+ years.