[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Vote Needed: Release Manager 2.6 Approval

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Fri Dec 20 14:53:15 EST 2013

Hello.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank Dan Wells and everyone who contributed to the successful 2.5 release. Many thanks for all the work you are doing to improve and develop this software. I appreciate daily all of the talent and knowledge of the Evergreen developers and community as I work with Evergreen.

Now on to another yes vote for keeping the same RM for the 2.6, +1.

I also second (third?) Kathy's question.

I am also curious if in the next month or so it wouldn't be too early to start thinking beyond 2.6 and about RM for 2.7? It seems like if the release schedule slips from the intended release month, that could leave significantly less time for the next RM to get a release out during the intended month. (From where I'm at, I am definitely in favor of a slippery release schedule if the outcome is a more stable and higher quality software release. It just means fewer problems for us to try to cope with locally.) I am wondering perhaps if the "next-after-next" RM is chosen early, some work could happen in parallel and even if the "next" release date slips a bit, it would not have a significant impact on the "next-after-next" release?

Aleksey

On 2013-12-19, at 09:43 , Dan Wells <dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Back at the dev meeting on Nov. 12, I made an offer to continue as RM for an abbreviated 2.6 release.  In the meeting, the discussion concluded with Galen suggesting that “voting the same day as the proposal seems rushed -- I propose that we give a week, then assent via email if no other proposal is made.”
>
> A week has turned into a month, but in the spirit of no time like the present, I think it is time we make this official in one way or the other.  Obviously no other proposal has been made, and rather than continue to wait passively for assent, I’d like to call for a simple up/down vote on whether we accept my offer of continuation.
>
> Thanks all,
> Dan
>

> Daniel Wells
> Library Programmer/Analyst