[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Question about error when upgrading to 2.2 database schema

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Tue Jan 8 13:18:31 EST 2013

Hello, developers.

I am running the 2.1-2.2-upgrade-db.sql script from the 2.3.2 release tarball.

The following lines

2971 INSERT INTO config.metabib_field ( id, field_class, name, label, format, xpath, search_field, facet_field) VALUES
2972     (28, 'identifier', 'authority_id', oils_i18n_gettext(28, 'Authority Record ID', 'cmf', 'label'), 'marcxml', '//marc:datafield/marc:subfield[@code="0"]', FALSE, TRUE);

produce the following error

2968 psql:2.1-2.2-upgrade-db.sql:2972: ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "metabib_field_pkey"

Looking at config.metabib_field table reveals that there are already 30 rows in that table and IDs up to 30 are used.

How important is it for the Authority Record ID to be 28 specifically?

Can I safely change the script to make the ID be 31 to get past this problem? Or do I need a different solution?

Thanks.

Aleksey Lazar
PALS
IS Developer and Intergrator