[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Development Idea: Set parts Order

Tim Spindler tjspindler at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:30:59 EST 2013

Lebbeous,

The grouping might work well in most instances and Kathy told me about this
yesterday but as she points out there are issues with the 866 in the MFHD.
For some clarification, I can explain the workflow of our libraries using
the serials functions now:

   1. Receive a serial in Serials Control View creating the copy at
   receiving
   2. Go to holdings maintenance and to edit the copy record created
   3. In editing the copy record they do two things:
      - Set 2 copy stat cats that are required
      - Select or create a part of for with the appropriate issue
      information

Part of the reason for assigning a part is they have one call number (e.g
Magazine) and a copy record with issue information underneath.    They also
want patrons to be able to place a hold on the correct issue.  Given the
display, I am seeing for grouping.  This would be possible with serials
grouping.

Tim

--
Tim Spindler