[OPEN-ILS-DEV] What are authorities sorted in the cataloging "manage authorities" view?

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Jun 27 15:31:59 EDT 2013

On Jun 25, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu> wrote:
>> Mike,
>>
>> Thanks for looking into this. Can you or anyone else tell me if I can just re-declare the two updated stored procedures (see below) and re-ingest the auth records on my test server to see the code in action? I guess I can just build a new test VM, but I want to know if I have another option.
>>

> That would be a great test.  Just make sure that you enable the
> force_on_same_marc internal flag.
>
>> Also, I made a mistake in my example when I placed the "Jazz England" auth record at the bottom. Thanks for catching that Mike.
>>

> Good.  I'm glad we were on the same page all along!
>
> --miker

Mike,

Before I do the re-ingest I wanted to run a few things by you or others. Here I am pasting some re-ingest instructions I put together from information I got form you over time. Though I will replace "biblio.record_entry" for "authority.record_entry" in the instructions.

I am not sure how to "enable the force_on_same_marc internal flag," though these instructions might do it already.

Also, my understanding is that these instructions are supposed to be designed to allow me to run re-ingest while still allowing the EG server to be usable by patrons by allowing batching, etc. In this particular case I am using a tests server so I can be as aggressive as I want. Is there a different way I can use to get the re-ingest done faster than this approach?

-------------------
1)  remove the browse data
TRUNCATE metabib.browse_entry_def_map CASCADE;

2) select the bib ids into a file.  From within psql:

=# \t
=# \o /home/opensrf/mass_re-ingest/reingest_bib_ids.txt
=# select id from biblio.record_entry where not deleted and id > 0;
=# \q

3) Then, from the shell:

 ~$ awk '{print "update biblio.record_entry set id = id where id = " $1 ";"}' < reingest_bib_ids.txt > reingest.sql

Then, edit /tmp/reingest.sql to add the following at the top:

 UPDATE config.internal_flag SET enabled = TRUE WHERE name = 'ingest.reingest.force_on_same_marc';

and then the following at the bottom:

 UPDATE config.internal_flag SET enabled = FALSE WHERE name = 'ingest.reingest.force_on_same_marc';
 VACUUM ANALYZE;

4) the opensrf user
 psql -d evergreen -U evergreen -f reingest.sql