[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need feedback for moving and updating SIP documentation to EG 2.4 docs

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Mon Mar 25 13:19:20 EDT 2013

Quoting Yamil Suarez <ysuarez at berklee.edu>:

I don't know anything about the simple self check interface, so I
can't answer your questions on that front.

> In addition, I also noticed that only the 1.6 and 2.0 official docs
> cover the installation of a SIP server, with the 2.0 version having
> some small updates and some grammar fixes in place.
>
> -------------------
> http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.0/draft/html/sipserver.html
>
> [EG 2.0] Chapter 15. SIP Server
> * Installing the SIP Server
> * SIP Communication
> --------------------
>
> Pardon my lack of knowledge of SIP, but how out of date is the 2.0
> version for use in the 2.4 official docs? If it only needs a few
> fixes I can try to put them in with my intern, if I am sent some
> simple update instructions (no AsciiDoc needed). Perhaps there are
> some more recent local SIP documentation from another library we can
> use for at least the basics of SIP installation.

Most of that looks good to me. One thing that I would change is on
Configuring the Server #2. Where the documentation has
min_spare_servers='0', I'd change that to min_spare_servers='1'.

--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services