[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Guidelines for submitting documentation needs to Launchpad

Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu
Wed Nov 13 10:56:47 EST 2013

On 2013-11-13, at 09:04 , Ben Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:

> Actually, we tend to make use of that "Assigned to" field in
> development to indicate that a particular bug is intended to be worked
> on by the assigned person.  This is especially tied to use of the
> status "In Progress" with a particular person assigned to that bug.
> Additionally, sometimes reviewers assign bugs to themselves so that
> they let others know that they are actively reviewing the bug and not
> force duplication of efforts in bug work.
>
> -- Ben
>
> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM, Lazar, Alexey Vladimirovich
> <alexey.lazar at mnsu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On 2013-11-12, at 10:40 , Kathy Lussier <klussier at masslnc.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I think the "Assigned to" field can be useful for people who want to indicate that they are working on a particular doc.
>>
>> That sounds like a good idea. Although, maybe there is a good reason why this field is not utilized by the devs at all.

Ok, got it. So not "at all", but linked specifically to the "In progress" status. Maybe that's a model for DIG to consider as well.

All the Evergreen LP bugs I've ever looked at did not use the "Assigned to" field. I always thought it was a little disorderly, but that's just me, I guess.  Doesn't seem to matter in practical terms.

Aleksey Lazar
IS Developer and Integrator - PALS
http://www.mnpals.org/