[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bug Squashing Days

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Tue Oct 15 12:47:52 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I raised this idea on the list as part of another discussion thread -
http://georgialibraries.markmail.org/thread/icddmsl7jf5lxb72. When I
didn't receive any feedback from developers, I was planning to let the
idea go, but seeing that I have an outstanding action item for today's
developers meeting to discuss this idea on the list, I figured I would
give the idea another try in its own discussion thread.

I would like to propose the idea of scheduling regular bug squashing days.

I think it would be  good way to encourage contributors to spend one
day where they focus on fixing bugs. Perhaps we could incorporate
other community activities (e.g. documentation fixes) into the day.
The idea came from Koha's global bug squashing days -
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Global_bug_squashing_days.

We could designate one day where contributors are committed to
submitting code to fix bugs, reviewing bugs, signing off on the fixes,
etc. Koha even provided sandboxes for people who do not have access to
a testing server, but are interested in testing fixes. I think this
would be a great way to encourage more people to get involved in the
process.

Anyway, I'm just throwing the idea out there to see if there is any
interest in pulling something like this together for the Evergreen
community.

Thanks!
Kathy