[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Different Everygreen search screens

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Oct 31 11:12:08 EDT 2013

We have a (possibly strange) problem. We have two Everygreen Staff Client
workstations (presently 2.3), both on Linux (CentOS 5) boxes. The *exact* same
version of the staff client is installed -- it is on a shared (NFS mounted)
disk. Each workstation does have a separate user login (and thus separate
$HOME/.openils directories). The two work stations display a *different*
screen for searching. One is considered 'bad' (arcane, hard to use, etc.) and
the other is consided 'good' (user friendly, easy to use, etc.). We don't know
how we got to this state (maybe a library staff person clicked on something
somewhere or something like that) and don't know how to revert (?) the bad
screen to the good screen. *I'm* guessing that it is something in the
$HOME/.openils directory that is causing this, but I don't know what. I am not
sure if it is sane or correct to just copy the HOME/.openils from one
workstation account to the other -- there might be stuff there that should not
be 'shared' (actually user prefrences won't matter, but the workstations have
separate identities that probably should not be muddled).

Screenshots:

Bad Search:
http://www.wendellmass.us/images/LibraryImages/badsearch.png

Good Search: