[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Syndetics additional content and tpac formatting

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Fri Apr 11 12:57:53 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Working with our libraries this morning, we're seeing badly formatted Syndetics content in our Additional Content tab on Evergreen 2.4.2.  In particular a series of what looks like unordered lists and the content is sort of "glopped" in a centered paragraph on the page.

Looking over the documentation here (http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.4/_including_external_content_to_you_public_interface.html), I'm seeing the back-end allocation of Syndetics resources, but no information on formatting options.  Does anyone know if there is a way in the tpac to customize the output coming from the Syndetics service?  I've got the guidelines from Syndetics, but that's not really pertinent to Evergreen.  Any leads or thoughts you might have on this will be most appreciated.   For an example, you can try this link in our catalog:

http://cool-cat.org/eg/opac/record/886996?query=Freakonomics;qtype=title;locg=1;expand=addedcontent;ac=excerpt#addedcontent

I'm more than willing to hack away at the tt2 files if that would help....just looking to see if this is local to us or if anyone else has encountered this.  Thanks for any thoughts....I was going to open a bug on this, but wanted to check first....

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org<mailto:tonyb at ohionet.org>
OHIONET