[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Syndetics additional content and tpac formatting

Jeff Godin jgodin at tadl.org
Fri Apr 11 13:31:26 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Tony Bandy <tonyb at ohionet.org> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
>

> Working with our libraries this morning, we're seeing badly formatted
> Syndetics content in our Additional Content tab on Evergreen 2.4.2.  In
> particular a series of what looks like unordered lists and the content is
> sort of "glopped" in a centered paragraph on the page.

Tony-

We've noticed it as well. It appears to be due to changes in Syndetic
Solutions' HTML output.

I've opened a bug with regard to improving things for the existing Syndetic
Solutions support in Evergreen:

I've also recently opened a bug for adding support for Syndetics Plus,
which has its own advantages and disadvantages:

Overall, I see potential benefit in supporting both options. I do not
currently favor removing support for one in favor of the other.

As stated in the description of the first bug listed above, a fix may take
multiple forms, with simpler changes being bug fixed backported to existing
supported versions of Evergreen.

-jeff