[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Client issue

BUNTON, GLENN BUNTONGA at mailbox.sc.edu
Tue Apr 15 14:14:29 EDT 2014

So we finally have our Evergreen server back up and running after a clean install. We had to use the synaptic package manager to uninstall and reinstall the ejabberd program in order to get it to work. No idea why.

We get the web opac interface up just fine but are now running into problems with the client.

We obviously had the Windows client installed previously. I tried it again without doing anything and it found the server just fine but I noticed it had the workstation already registered in the right side of that window. When I tried to login I get the error that the workstation name is not registered on this server. So I completely uninstalled the client and the reinstalled to try and go through the installation again. However, when the login window comes up the workstation is still listed and I still get that error. When I say ok ith then puts the red box around the Workstation as shown in the instructions for initially setting up the client. However, I also start getting a variety of error messages such as

TypeError: g.my_libs_tree is null

And it won't let me put anything in the red box to try and register again. It just sits and says Please Wait.

Any ideas?

Glenn Bunton                                                                 (803) 777-2903
Director of Library Technology Services               buntonga at mailbox.sc.edu<mailto:buntonga at mailbox.sc.edu>
Thomas Cooper Library
University of South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina  29208