[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Translation Strings in Web Staff Client Prototype

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Feb 3 10:11:08 EST 2014

Hello all,

In my prototype overview I mentioned that I would follow up with more specific feedback in a few places.  One such place is translations strings.  It makes me uneasy to see code end up at the translator end, even if the code itself is really simple.  For example, we currently have strings like:

l('Bucket {{bucket().name()}}')

What about instead doing something like:

l('Bucket [_1]', '{{bucket().name()}}')

?

This is similar to a lot of places in the current code where ID'ed spans are stuck into strings.  Would this work?  This is obviously a really simple change, but perhaps important to address before we go much further.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells
Library Programmer/Analyst