[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF 2.4 targets

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Feb 28 12:08:00 EST 2014

Hi,

Why talk about 2.4 when 2.3.0 beta was released only yesteday, you may
ask?  Well, based on what's in the pipeline, I think rel_2_3 will
actually be fairly short-lived.  Here are the major bugfixes and
enhancements that I think could reasonably be targeted for a late
spring/early summer 2.4.0 -

* LP#1268619 - websockets support
* LP#1002028 - cross origin resource sharing (CORS) support
* (no LP yet) chunking and bundling improvements

This is intended to remove the need to adjust max_stanza_size, improve
many-small-message streaming, and avoid ejabberdb s2s stalls.

WIP can be viewed at
http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/OpenSRF.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/collab/miker/bundling-and-chunking

* Debian Jessie support (which will likely be backported to rel_2_3, of course)

If you're contemplating other major changes that could be targeted to
2.4.0, please use this thread to list them.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton