[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Selfcheck help

Tony Bandy tonyb at ohionet.org
Fri Jun 6 10:16:30 EDT 2014

Morning everyone,

Working with one of our libraries on the new selfcheck interface, I'm consistently getting hangs on the latest version of Firefox or Internet Explorer, both on Windows 7 and Windows 8.  Chrome browser works fine.  These hangs are at checkout (with receipt) as well as the 'view items out' option in the selfcheck.

I've looked at https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/793627 and removed the hours from the template from div to div and I've also removed the hours notation from the head of the template as a precaution ([%- SET hours = lib.hours_of_operation -%]).  I've also ensured that the connection is https and that we're using a registered workstation.

Is there anything else I've missed?  Something I could try?  We're running EG 2.4.2.  I'm starting to think this might just be a browser thing, but wanted to run it past everyone to get your thoughts as you have a few moments.  I've looked over the bugs list for the selfcheck but do not see anything else really that sounds applicable.

Thanks for any ideas you can pitch my way!

--Tony

Tony Bandy
tonyb at ohionet.org<mailto:tonyb at ohionet.org>
OHIONET