[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Shared "Maintenance" Account for Launchpad?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Wed Mar 5 10:39:48 EST 2014

Hello all,

Here's an idea I had a while back which I think would make the Launchpad email system more useful.  As it stands, the system sends out an email for every little change, and, from my perspective, the more meaningful changes sometimes get lost in the noise.  I think we would benefit from a shared "maintenance" account which bug wranglers, RMs, or whoever else could use to do more systematic and routine edits.  Then the readers, either by practice or by a rule in their mail client, could simply filter out (based on the "sender") when things, for instance, go from "Fix committed" to "Fix released", or from "New" to "Triaged".  I am not saying these notices don't have some use, but I think they do deserve a different level of attention than a new bug, or a review comment.

What do you all think?

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Wells