[OPEN-ILS-DEV] a request regarding development communication in the bug tracker

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 5 12:14:43 EST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 7:18 AM, Dan Wells <dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:
> I've always been slightly partial towards forum-like environments since they
> have a certain level of inherent organization which isn't as strong in a
> mailing list, but I'm comfortable with either, and I'd be fine with people
> steering more discussions to the dev list as needed.

Speaking of steering discussions, a plea: if a discussion gets started
in a bug, then moves to a mailing list, please add a comment in the
bug linking to the thread in the list archives.  Conversely, if (say)
a design gets hashed out on list, please cite the bug number so that
any discussion that happens in the bug concerning implementation
details can be found.

In short: please cross-reference all the things!

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton