[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hack-A-Way

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net
Tue Sep 16 09:20:47 EDT 2014

With the Hack-A-Way coming up soon I thought I'd send out a few notes to
those that will be physically present and electronically present (though
electrons do have mass and are physical but you know what I mean...).

Participation from as many who can attend in whatever way they can attend
has always been important.  I will have laptops with cameras and
microphones setup at each location in the room where people may want to
work and for any general discussions with meeting software.

I've been playing around with the open source jitsi project lately and
rather like it.   It's been flawless on macs and ubuntu for me so far but,
I've had mixed success with it on windows machines.  Google Hangouts can be
our backup.

I've made a stub for the 2014 Hack-A-Way here on the WIKI:

http://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=hack-a-way-2014

If anyone wants to add themselves to the list of participants locally or
remotely feel free.  Also, if anyone wants to start thinking about topics
they'd like to discuss, get feedback on, hash out or short talks they'd
like to do add them in.

--

Rogan Hamby, MLS, CCNP, MIA
Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services,

“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit
me.”
― C.S. Lewis <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1069006.C_S_Lewis>