[OPEN-ILS-DEV] LinkChecker in Evergreen

Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 24 11:55:42 EDT 2014

Hello List,

We have been trying to use the LinkChecker function in Evergreen, but there is a bug/weakness that prevents the entire database from being searched, so the report fails. We have tried a few test runs with smaller records - maximum 1000 and the results are as we expect. I have no idea of the threshold. We have inquired about programming to correct this, but the resources we typically use are not available and the estimated price tag was beyond our means. I will be posting our needs to the community Wiki for development partners, but I wonder if there is anyone on the list that uses the function, if they have encountered the same problems and whether they have put together any work arounds?

Many thanks,
Gislaine Hamelin
Integrated Library Systems Coordinator |Coordonnatrice du système intégrée de la bibliothèque
Information Management Division | Division de la gestion de l'information
R.H. Coats Building | Immeuble R.-H.-Coats / Floor | Étage 2 Q
Statistics Canada | 100 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 100, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-951-4576
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-0939