[OPEN-ILS-DEV] question about the browse functionality

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Apr 2 14:51:02 EDT 2015

Gislaine,

1) Not all cross references are displaying in our Browse either. We have
run the necessary scripts and processes but still have some problems. I
have not had a chance to try to track down specifics.

2) The numbers in parentheses are the number of titles associated with the
heading:

Georgia artists (6)

Georgia (Atlanta) (3)

Georgia, Atlanta (1)

Georgia (Attapulgus, Ga.) (1)

Georgia (Augusta) (1)

3) The browse search displays the headings in the bib records, which may
not be established headings if they were not used in the record (see above
examples). I often do a random browse search to find records to be fixed.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES & Collaborative Projects Manager
Georgia Public Library Service