[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Web Client Sprint2 and 2.9-beta

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Aug 12 13:29:35 EDT 2015

Mike, et al.

I have spent some time looking at the web client sprint2 branch, and I
have no real objections to merge it into master for the 2.9 beta. I do
think a couple of things could be addressed, first.

The commit messages that do not have Launchpad bugs on the first line
could stand to have some kind of tag added to the front of the first
line to indicate that this is a web staff client commit (maybe
something like WEB: or WebClient:).--It isn't a deal breaker if that
doesn't happen.

The second thing, and I think this is more important, concerns the
upgrade scripts. I was not entirely sure of the order that they should
have been applied, and two of the scripts have FIXME comments that
should be addressed:

YYYY.data.marc21-tag-tables.sql
XXXX.schema.marc-tag-tables.sql

In this case, the FIXMEs say that some block of code should be removed
before merging into master. If that truly is the case, I'd like to see
that done. I don't feel qualified to do that myself since I've not
been following the web staff client work as closely as I would like.

As for the order, it looks like typical alphabetical order works. It
would be good if the order could be specified in a commit message,
release note, or LP bug. If it was in the latter two places, I could
not find it.

Those are my thoughts/requests regarding the sprint2 code. In all, it
looks good. Some bugs have been fixed and progress is being made on
the missing functionality.

Cheers,
Jason
--
Jason Stephenson
Assistant Director for Technology Services
Email: jstephenson at mvlc.org