[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Beta App Feedback

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Nov 25 10:42:35 EST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Ken Cox <kenstir at gmail.com> wrote:

> What library are you trying to login to, GAPINES?  That error indicates
> some problem with SSL, either the CA or an intermediate are not trusted by
> Android.  I had this problem with https://mlnc4.mvlcstaff.org/eg/opac/home;
> Windows seems to trust its CAs but Android does not.  Only short term fix
> is not to use SSL (he said invitingly).

Well, not using SSL is a non-starter; for one thing, libraries tend to (and
should!) object to setups that expose patron transaction history and search
activity to snooping.  While Evergreen does currently expose the public
catalog via HTTP (typically), that will be deprecated in the next release.

I *strongly* encourage libraries who run into issues attempting to log into
their catalogs via the Android app to fix certificate chain issues as per
the link Ken provided, not to try to bypass HTTPS.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt