[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal for release manager

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Oct 16 16:03:01 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Rogan Hamby <rogan.hamby at yclibrary.net>
wrote:

> From my stand point in looking forward to rolling out the web based staff
> client at service locations I like this plan quite a bit.  I also want to
> see finding ways to make SIP more secure since (tragically) I don't think
> vendors will be moving away from it anytime soon and I agree that tunneling
> it is probably the most practical approach at this time.

Major +1 to including docs for SSH tunneling for SIP, potentially LDAP too
where for some reason TLS isn't supported (we've done both). For those who
might want some docs to start with now, check out
https://coffeecode.net/archives/219-Setting-up-secure-self-check-connections-using-SIP-tunneled-through-SSH.html
is CC-BY-SA, but given that it's 5+ years old, probably needs to be
updated, and maybe using stunnel or other alternatives would be a lot
easier :)

As far as the rest of Galen's proposals go, they all sound sensible to me.
Even with the time travel!