[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Branching rel_2_10

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 2 22:11:47 EST 2016

Hi,

In preparation for the 2.10 beta, which I will be cutting tomorrow
(not tonight, so as to not make silly mistakes with the tarball), I
have now branched rel_2_10.

This represents complete feature freeze for 2.10.  I've cleared out
RELEASE_NOTES_NEXT files from the master branch, however, and
committers can feel free to push enhancements to master -- it's just
exceedingly unlikely that I'll pick any of them into rel_2_10.

The following wishlist pullrequests remain pending and are hereby no
longer candidates for the 2.10 release:

1400829 Cannot flag user as deleted
1189989 Suspend Holds at time of placement
1502292 web client: Need ability to add volumes from the bib record
1485374 Use client TZ in the database when supplied to the server
1411819 Allow patron renewal on max fines for some libraries, disallow
it for others
1307553 bib source should be included in the 901 field
1133464 Use cover image/blurb URL from field 856
1496522 Wishlist - Action Trigger for periodic billing statement
1353643 URI $9 displayes too many links in TPAC
1335668 Change functionality of the ACQ transfer fund action
1331174 Long Overdue processing needs org unit settings separate from
Lost Processing
1174498 Payment by billing type breakdown

These have various reasons for non-inclusion, such as:

* ongoing discussions or disagreement
* not signed off and of sufficient size or complexity that I'm not
inclined to push on my own
* in need of test cases or release notes
* in a couple case, simply that more baking is needed

There are a couple bugfixes that I'll definitely be getting in before
I cut the beta tomorrow:

LP#1505286 - I intend to go ahead and make the change compatible with
Pg 9.1. As mentioned in the bug, however, I think we should announce a
formal deprecation of support for Pg 9.1 with the release of 2.10 and
de-support 9.1 with the release of 2.11 (which will correspond to
about the same time that the Pg project will EOL 9.1).
LP#1371647 - I noticed an error with my follow-up to adjust IDs and
will sort that out.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt