[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fastest way to load titles after catalog search (via OSRF)?

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:08:22 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 8:02 PM, Ken Cox <kenstir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bill, awesome tips, thanks!  I look forward to benchmarking them.
>
> In some places I am using the GatewayRequest class, but in many I am using
> a new GatewayJsonObjectRequest class, which extends com.android.volley.Request.
> The volley library
> <https://developer.android.com/training/volley/index.html> launches
> multiple parallel requests.

The GatewayRequest class supports multiple parallel requests as well.  See
the sendAsync() example in org/opensrf/test/TestGateway.java

> Is there a version of Evergreen that supports websockets?  (I don't see
> any happening on CW/MARS).  There is at least one active Android library
> for websockets, it's part of https://github.com/koush/AndroidAsync.

Any EG instance with a functioning browser client is running websockets.
If they are not running the browser client, they are almost certainly not
running websockets.  It will be some time before everyone is using it.

-b