[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Everyone should have an Evergreen server -- Part II

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 12:23:05 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Taking lots of inspiration from Blake and Jason Boyer's Ansible work, I
created an Ansible version of the Ubuntu 16.04 auto-installer script from
the "random" repository.

The original script:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/random.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/collab/berick/ubuntu-auto-installer

This script is what I used for all of my 16.04 installs and it's based on
the same script that creates the community test server builds.  Porting it
to Ansible makes it more modular and I expect easier to modify and maintain
going forward.

The Ansible version:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/random.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/collab/berick/ansible-installer-ubuntu-16.04

How to use:

==
1. Install Ubuntu 16.04
2. Clone and run.

% sudo apt-get install git ansible
% git clone --branch collab/berick/ansible-installer-ubuntu-16.04  git://
git.evergreen-ils.org/working/random.git
% cd random
% sudo ansible-playbook playbook.yml -e "hosts=127.0.0.1"

3. In Chrome/FF navigate to https://<HOSTNAME>/eg/staff/
<https://hostname/eg/staff/> and click through the SSL warning to access
the staff client.
==

I tried to make it as generic as possible, with the idea that local
modifications could be added as additional tasks as needed.  It essentially
follows the OpenSRF and Evergreen install documentation for Ubuntu 16.04.

It does, however, make 2 assumptions that go beyond the basic install docs
for ease of use:  it installs and configures EG to use rsyslog and nginx.
Either of these tasks can be disabled in the settings.yml file in the root
directory.

Though I didn't try it, I would not be surprised if changing
the os_build_target variable in settings.yml to "debian-jessie" just
worked...

Happy building!

-b