[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposed XUL bugfix merge policy for 3.0 and beyond

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Thu Aug 3 11:40:59 EDT 2017

+1 from me too, with a couple of follow-up questions/comments:

> Of course, a strict interpretation of this policy presumes that
> showstopper issues with the web staff client are addressed by 3.0.0,
> or at least early in the 3.0.x maintenance release cycle.
This was briefly discussed during yesterday's meeting, but to properly
identify these showstopper issues, should we be setting showstopper web
client bugs to a priority of 'high' in Launchpad? Or is there another
way we should be identifying them?

> A further implication is
> that if you want to get a particular XUL-only bugfix into Evergreen,
> you have until the 3.0.0 release candidate is cut on 27 September to
> get it in.
I recently used a xulclient tag for bugs with a pullrequest tag where
the fix only applied to the xul client. I thought it would be useful for
identifying these bugs during the Feedback Fest where quicker action
might be needed so that they are merged before the 3.0 release. There
were only two bugs at the time, and one has since been merged. If future
XUL-only bug fixes are submitted, it might be useful to use this tag to
bring some attention to the bug before the September 27 cutoff.

Thanks Galen!

--
Kathy Lussier
Project Coordinator