[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen 3.0 installation and Gentoo packages

Graham Billiau graham at geeksinthegong.net
Mon Jul 10 21:36:33 EDT 2017

Hello

I've started trialling Evergreen 3.0 for managing a private library. We
previously tried Evergreen 2 but the XULRunner based staff client didn't work
for us. It's a small library with only a couple of customers, so we're happy
to risk beta software.

First question: Are git://git.evergreen-ils.org/OpenSRF.git and
git://git.evergreen-ils.org/Evergreen.git the repositories for Evergreen 3.0
and the associated version of OpenSRF?

Second: My server runs Gentoo Hardened linux. Has anyone written Gentoo
ebuilds for Evergreen? Similarly, has anyone written SELinux profiles for
OpenSRF and Evergreen? If not, I'll write them myself.

Third: Assuming I have to write the ebuilds and profiles myself, is anyone
else interested in them? If they are I can do them neatly and make them
available.

Forth: Are there any extra steps beyond the standard upgrade instructions for
migrating old data to Evergreen 3? I can't remember which specific version we
last tried, but it would be good to keep that data.

Thanks for your help
    Graham