[OPEN-ILS-DEV] jQuery plus jQuery-ui in OPAC

Cesar Velez cesar.velez at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Sep 11 09:44:08 EDT 2017

With the coming release of 3.0, the OPAC will now make use of the jQuery
javascript library.
This I think will help greatly to reduce boilerplate JS code, and make it
easier to add more dynamic features and content there.

As such, I was wondering whether it would also be beneficial if we went
ahead and added the related UI library, jQuery-ui? This UI library has
several useful widgets (http://jqueryui.com/demos/) and would complement
the jquery library nicely. Mainly, it would help greatly in speeding up
future UI work.

I'm curious what the community's general experience is with this UI
library, and whether there's general consensus for it to be included along
with the main jQuery.

thanks!

Cesar Velez
EOLI