[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Olly olly oxen free - upgrade updates

Bob Wicksall bwicksall at pls-net.org
Tue Sep 26 11:27:20 EDT 2017

The following line of 2.12.5-3.0-beta1-upgrade-db.sql was brutal.  It took at least 28 hours on our test system and it tripped over some bad data so needed to be restarted a couple times.

   UPDATE biblio.record_entry SET vis_attr_vector = biblio.calculate_bib_visibility_attribute_set(id);

Related to this was bug 1714026. The patch for that bug made it much easier to find the bad data in the above query.

Other than that our upgrade from 2.10 to 3.0 was very smooth.

Bob Wicksall
Computer and Network Services Manager

Pioneer Library System
2557 State Rt. 21