[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Vandelay Import Records Not Working

Dan Lerch dan.lerch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:06:41 EDT 2018

I'm using evergreen 3.1.2 (also used 3.1.1)  and I can't seem to import
even a small number of marc records, in any type of format (.mrc, .xml etc)
using the web staff client admin. Basically, I upload a file, it goes to
the next screen without any warnings, or messages, and zero items get
imported. I've played with every setting I find and couldn't get anything
working. This is true in both the web staff client and the software version.

Even if I upload files that are completely wrong (like docx) I get the same
behavior. I'm not getting any validation errors, which make this difficult
to troubleshoot.

In the web staff client I did get errors in the console showing 404s to
some files, and I symlinked them. There was also
an /js/dojo/fieldmapper/OrgLasso.js file which I "borrowed" from another
member's evergreen instance. Still no luck. Not sure if this is related or
not.

I was able to get the MARC stream importer to work (had to copy files to
/etc/perl). Other vandelay features such as export work as expected.

Other info,

OS is debian-stretch, default language is Canadian English. Screenshots
attached. Thanks!

Dan Lerch