[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Syrup, OpenSRF 3.0, Evergreen 3.0.12 and JSONDecodeError

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Mon Oct 8 08:57:35 EDT 2018

OK. You are all probably sick of these emails by now, but lucky for you
this is the last one.

I fixed the problem.  Apparently, our Syrup server expects to have
OpenSRF services running locally that can talk to the production db
server.  However, them not running was not exactly my problem.

I first tried stopping the service and got different errors, so I
restarted them and the earlier reported error came back.

I tried my srfsh call from the Syrup server for a change, and got a
message that the private router was not connected to the network.
However, osrf_control --diagnostic said that it most certainly was running.

So, I look at /etc/hossts and find conflicting IP address for the
private domain.  I removed one set of public and private IPs for the
router and that resolved it.

Strange, but true.