[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Making 3.1 support extension plans concrete

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Oct 15 16:59:48 EDT 2018

Hi,

We've discussed [1][2] the notion of extending the community support
period for Evergreen 3.1 as part of easing the transition away from
the XUL staff cilent, but I cannot find anywhere that we set a date on
that extension. I think we should do so so that we can update the EOL
page [3].

So, I've got two questions. First, are we (in particular, folks doing
backports, documentation updates, and builds) ready to commit time to
that? Second, what should the end date be for general support of 3.1?
To make a concrete suggestion, I propose adding six months, meaning
that general support would end on 2019-10-05 and security fixes would
end on 2020-01-05.

[1] http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2018/evergreen.2018-08-08-15.00.log.html#l-117
[2] http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2018-August/010558.html
[3] https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:release_process:schedule