[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Pcrud update over http gateway?

Eric Klooster kloostere at aadl.org
Fri Oct 26 11:49:44 EDT 2018

Hi all,

We've been running our Evergreen install for almost ten months, with a custom PHP API that uses the guzzle http client to make OpenSRF requests to the http gateway.

Our current project is to update MARC records programmatically, and by viewing the gateway logs while using the staff client, I can see that a call to open-ils.pcrud.update.bre is being made. I have been able to call open-ils.pcrud.retrieve.bre successfully with an authentication token, however when I try to call open-ils.pcrud.update.bre, I get this error: "osrfMethodException : No active transaction -- required for UPDATE".

I've tried calling open-ils.pcrud.transaction.begin first, which returns a string which I assume is a transaction identifier, but my subsequent call to open-ils.pcrud.update.bre still fails with the no active transaction error.

Is there a way to have a transaction span multiple OpenSRF calls using the http gateway or do I need to try another strategy? I know there are multiple gateways to try, but I've only gotten responses on the /gateway and the /osrf-gateway-v1 paths. If we could get these pcrud calls working it would open up a lot of future options for us as well.

Thanks for any help or insight anyone may have to share.

-Eric