[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 3.2 Getting back on schedule

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Tue Sep 18 15:13:22 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 4:50 PM Bill Erickson <berickxx at gmail.com> wrote:
> A few web staff blockers remain.  Most of them have been there for months, though, so I don't think another few days here or there is going to make much difference.
>
> If that's an unfair assessment, let me know.

Of the remaining open webstaffblocker bugs, I can commit to having
patches by Friday for the following ones:

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1745427 (predict new
issues defaults to previous pattern)

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1791340 (Web Client Hourly
Loan Checkin Time Wrong)
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1789442 (Web client: When
editing an hourly due date the time is automatically changed to 12:00
am)
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1552778 (Web client
check-in "effective date" and check-out "specific due date" should
also include times)

Note that for the two above that the fix I'm thinking of would either
require an OpenSRF update, as the main change is a fix to
cleanse_ISO8601, or (my preferred approach) copying cleanse_ISO8601
over to Evergreen as (say) clean_ISO8601 and updating references
everywhere -- straightforward, but obviously would require a fair
amount of testing across the board.

I think that amelioration, if not total fixes, should be straightforward for:

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1773191 (Untranslatable
Last Billing Type values)
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1791335 (Transferring
items and vol/items does not maintain stat cats)

One that has a good start by Cesar, but looks like needs more discussion is:

* https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1746536 (web client:
cannot edit vol/call number in item status)

If folks can commit to helping out with the last three in particular
and with testing patches for the first four, I think there would be
benefit to delaying the RC to the 24th to make it a true release
candidate.  That said, this is a position I hold at +0.75, as it would
be reasonable for us to also choose to make 3.2.1 a hard target for
those bugs.

Regards,

Galen
--