[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation changes to support alternate install paths again

Jeff Davis jeff.davis at bc.libraries.coop
Thu Aug 1 18:45:32 EDT 2019

Currently, web client automated tests use a hard-coded install path
(/openils); the tests will not run correctly if you've installed
Evergreen elsewhere.  I have a pull request on bug 1662297 which fixes
this issue by making the web client tests use the install path that you
specified when building Evergreen:

For this to work, it will be necessary to build Evergreen (i.e. run
./configure && make) before running the web client tests.  That means
the order of steps in the install process has changed, so we may need to
update some build tools and install scripts, including the semi-official
Ansible installer.

I'd like to see this bugfix included in Evergreen 3.4.  I'm drawing
attention to it now in the hope that we can prepare in advance, rather
than committing the fix to master and then watching our automated builds
fail. :)

If there's a way to fix the problem without changing the install
process, that would be cool too.
--
Jeff Davis
BC Libraries Cooperative