[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Removal of OpenSRF and Evergreen Java Libraries

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Fri Feb 8 19:29:36 EST 2019

Hello, all.

I am writing to ask if anyone uses the Java interfaces to OpenSRF and
Evergreen.  These are the Java libraries that are built when you
configure OpenSRF and Evergreen with then --enable-java option.

I am asking because the Java libraries no longer build.  The dependency
loader script, deps.sh, fails to pull in most of the dependencies
required for Java to build.

Unless there is a strong outcry and someone steps forward to maintain
the Java libraries, I plan to open Laucnhpad bugs with branches to
remove the Java libraries from both OpenSRF and Evergreen.

As far as I know, no one uses Java, but I'm writing to make sure before
removing it.

Cheers,
Jason