[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Python binding for OpenSRF and Evergreen

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Feb 11 15:37:19 EST 2019

Hi,

Similar to the question Jason Stephenson asked about the Java bindings [1],
I would like to know if anybody is actively using OpenSRF's and Evergreen's
Python binding.

I do know that the Python binding is a bit less dusty than the Java
binding, as srfsh.py does still work. I also know that Syrup [2] uses the
binding and has at least a couple active installations, although to my
knowledge nobody is actively maintaining that project.

I would also like to know whether anybody has any interest in becoming a
maintainer for the Python binding. If so, projects include adding support
for Python 3.x (and deprecating Python 2 support?) and updating the binding
to support new OpenSRF features such as bundling and chunking.

Regards,

Galen

[1]
http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2019-February/010659.html