[OPEN-ILS-DEV] IDL is not backward compatible?

Ken Cox kenstir at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:54:09 EST 2019

Dan Wells: Good suggestion re: opensrf.open-ils.system.ils_version.  I
will think more about it.  For now, disabling caching for the
fm_IDL.xml request will have the same effect as querying the version
on every login. It would help if auth tokens got invalidated during
server upgrades; does anyone know whether that's true?

Dan Scott: Good point about cache-busting params; now that I know to
do it I can avoid caching and save 72KB in the cache for something
useful.  I didn't know about /IDL2js, thanks.  The URL I use is:

http://bark.cwmars.org/reports/fm_IDL.xml?class=ac&class=acn&class=acp&class=ahr&class=ahtc&class=aou&class=aout&class=au&class=aua&class=auact&class=aum&class=aus&class=bmp&class=cbreb&class=cbrebi&class=cbrebin&class=cbrebn&class=ccs&class=circ&class=csc&class=cuat&class=ex&class=mbt&class=mbts&class=mous&class=mra&class=mraf&class=mus&class=mvr&class=perm_ex

I'm not sure whose idea adding all the 'class' params was (probably
Dan Wells) but that response is 72KB whereas the full IDL is 820KB,
and since I don't need the reset, it saves a lot of time parsing.

Regards,
Ken

--
-Ken