[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 3.4 Feedback Fest #2: The Festening

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxinitiative.org
Fri Jul 26 17:01:09 EDT 2019

Hi,

The second and final Feedback Fest for the 3.4 cycle will take place next
week (29 July through 2 August).

The goal of the fest is to give feedback on each and every outstanding pull
request. Feedback can take many forms, including:

* rebasing older pull request branches against the current master
* commenting on the bug and the proposed patches
* deciding if the bug no longer applies
* testing and signing off on the patches
* writing automated test cases for pull requests that need them
* writing human test plans
* writing release notes entries

While some or many of the pull requests will hopefully get signed off and
merged during the fest, the primary goal is advancing each and every pull
request by providing feedback.

The wiki page
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:3.4:feedback_fest_2 lists
the 140 open bugs that have the pullrequest tag but not the signoff tag as
of this afternoon.

At this time I would like to ask each of the thirteen active core
committers to give feedback on at least one bug a day from this list next
week.  That by itself would take a good chunk out of the list, but the
committers can't do it alone! There are many more folks active in
development work, and I ask you all to pitch in.

I also encourage folks to participate loudly. What do I mean by that?
Sometimes, it would be enough just to add comments in Launchpad, but
sometimes a patch may have broader implications. If so, talk about it!
#evergreen and open-ils-dev are available. At minimum, though, please make
liberal use of Launchpad's bug assignment feature to indicate when you are
working on a given bug.

I'll be posting updates as the week progresses, and will not be shy about
tagging people if I think they would be in a particularly good position to
give feedback on a given bug.

Regards,

Galen
--