[OPEN-ILS-DEV] consolidate patron notes, alerts, and messages

Jason Etheridge jason at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Oct 3 15:11:07 EDT 2019

Hi folks, this one likely warrants wider review (and less alliteration):

I'll push the branch out after partner testing,but I've stayed pretty
true to the tech specs linked in that ticket and want to share an
overview before then.

The main thing that is happening is that actor.usr_message is becoming
the container for all patron-related notes, public or private.
actor.usr_note is going away, as well as the alert_mesage field on
actor.usr and the note field on actor.usr_standing_penalty. Blocking
and alerting behavior will remain with standing penalties, which may
be optionally linked to a specific row in actor.usr_message via a
usr_message field.  There is a view for populating the interface that
combines penalties and user messages. In the staff UI, Messages is
getting relabeled to Notes. That's about it, really; please share any
questions or concerns.

Thanks!

--
Jason Etheridge