[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Web Self Check Interface - Keyboard as only input

Cerninakova Eva cernin at jabok.cz
Fri Oct 18 16:01:33 EDT 2019

Hi Josh

Just like Jane, I would also advocate for keeping the standard tab key
navigation functionality in the selfcheck interface. There are more ways to
use selfcheck, than we librarians would sometimes imagine. For example, in
our consortium, we are about to start somewhat "unorthodox" selfcheck
service in the library of the NGO "People in Need". Because the library is
used a lot by the People in Need staff and volunteers, and they wanted to
be able to check out  books whenever they were at work,  they came up with
the idea that the internal staff and volunteers could  check out books
themselves using selfcheck on their own computers and laptops. I.e. at
least in this case, the tab key navigation  would come in handy ;-)

Eva

---
Mgr. Eva Cerniňáková
cernin at jabok.cz
Tel. +420 211 222 409

Knihovna Jabok
http:/knihovna.jabok.cz
Tel.  +420 211 222 410
Jabok - Vyšší odborná škola sociálně pedagogická a teologická
Salmovská 8, 120 00 Praha 2

pá 18. 10. 2019 v 18:12 odesílatel Galen Charlton <gmc at equinoxinitiative.org>