[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Call for Release Manager nominations - Evergreen 3.5

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Thu Oct 24 06:08:09 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for co-release manager for the
Evergreen 3.5 release.

About me:

 I've been administering Evergreen in the Georgia PINES consortium since
2008 and have been actively involved in support, training, informal
consulting, and software development in the Evergreen Community ever
since.   I have contributed to the release build team since 2018.  Also in
2018, I was named a core committer for the Evergreen project and in 2019 I
was named Evergreen Contributor of the Month.  In my position at Georgia
PINES, I have an end-user-centric perspective for both library patrons and
staff, and bring a broad knowledge of public library operations, from
circulation to cataloging, admin, and reports.  This would be my first time
as release manager.

My proposal:

I would like to serve as a co-release manager to someone who has been
release manager before, so I can learn the process and hopefully become
more skilled to be a lead release manager in the future.  I would want to
help shepherd in major upcoming features, such as acquisitions search
improvements, Angular 8, and third-party integration (e.g. OpenAthens,
RBDigital), but also smaller bugfixes that may have been neglected over the
past few cycles.

I hope you will seriously consider me for this role.  I'm excited to get
started!

Sincerely,

Chris

--

Chris Sharp, PINES System Administrator

​Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7147 | csharp at georgialibraries.org

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.