[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Thoughts on Evergreen 3.6

Driscoll, Martha driscoll at noblenet.org
Fri Jun 19 09:26:15 EDT 2020

Another negative of waiting for a large release in the spring is the
complexity and time needed to upgrade production servers.  Some database
updates can take a while on production data and there's only so many hours
available if you want to upgrade off hours.

I love the idea of a release in the fall that concentrates on current pull
requests.  There are a number of launchpad bugs that I incorporate when I
do an upgrade because we need the functionality or fix.  Again, it would
simplify upgrades to get these finally committed.

Martha Driscoll, Systems Manager
North of Boston Library Exchange
www.noblenet.org