[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Re: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen installation problems

Randy Metcalfe randy.metcalfe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 10:20:55 EST 2008

On 14/02/2008, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone on the list ever created a custom live/install CD before?  I haven't, but I'll dig into it and see how painful it is.

Hi John,

We used to do this sort of thing where I used to work (though not me
personally, I hasten to add). Initially we were remastering Knoppix
cds [1] and later we produced custom Ubuntu cds [2] (this info is a
little dated). These were created as live cds for demo purposes and
not recommended as install cds, though that is certainly possible with
either the Knoppix or Ubuntu cds.

[1] http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/knoppixremaster.xml
[2] http://wiki.oss-watch.ac.uk/UbuntuEdgy/Remaster

Randy