[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Re: last minute details

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 27 16:29:02 EST 2008

>  For tomorrow, how does 2pm to 5pm EST sound for those who can do
>  Thursdays?  (This is for the Volunteer Training for Documentation

Okay, Deb and Karen C helped me test out DimDim vs WebEx+Skype, and
the latter works much more smoothly, so we're going to try that
tomorrow.

Skype is proprietary software, but it is free for most functionality,
and it's also cross-platform: http://skype.com/

Unfortunately, you do have to register some information to use it, but
other than a useable email address, I don't imagine you have to be
very accurate. :-)

My skype contact id is phasefx.  Just add me as a contact after you
install it, and then send me an IM (through skype) or an email telling
me you'll definitely be attending tomorrow (and whether you'll be
coming in late or not).

We'll probably spend the first 30 minutes getting used to the software
and getting everyone on through skype, and then WebEx.  I can send
WebEx connection information through skype once we're on conference.
The WebEx package I have has a limit of 10 simultaneous people per
connection that we should keep in mind if we plan to let any
co-workers listen in.

Thanks folks!

--
Jason Etheridge