[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Prerequisites Installer Makefile

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:49:02 EDT 2008

Hi LaBon:

2008/9/26 LaBon S. Hardy <lhardy at statelibrary.sc.gov>:
> During the prerequisites installer Makefile, on step 6, sudo make –f
> Makefile.install ubuntu, I get an error:
>

> http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/yaz-2.1.56.tar.gz
>
> ð  'yaz-2.1.56.tar.gz'
>
> Connecting to ftp.indexdata.dak|83.133.64.60|:80...
>
> Failed: Connection timed out.
>
> Giving Up
>
> Make:  ***[install_yaz] Error 1
>

> I have installed Debian and Ubuntu 7.10, the same error for both OS.  Just
> installed Ubuntu 8.04 and the same error.
>

> Any advice or coding for a work around?

I don't think this is an operating system problem; I'm guessing your
network administrators have firewalled off access to .dk domains.

I have updated the Makefile.install to point to an evergreen-ils.org
location (http://evergreen-ils.org/~denials/yaz/) instead - do you
want to give that a shot? The new Makefile.install is at
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/export/10710/trunk/Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install

Otherwise, if you can manually download the yaz package into the same
location as you are running Makefile.install, then you can install yaz
manually:

tar xzf yaz-2.1.56.tar.gz
cd yaz-2.1.56 && ./configure && make && make install

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University